The 3rd Leadership Retreat of the Nigerian Medical Association (NMA) scheduled for today, Saturday, 14th November 2020 has commenced at the Royal Choice Inn, CBD, Abuja.
The retreat, which is being hosted by the President of the Nigerian Medical Association (NMA), Prof (Dr) Innocent AO Ujah FNMA, FNAmed, mni has in attendance members of the National Officers Committee (NOC), All Chairmen and Secretaries of State Branches and Presidents and Secretaries of Affiliates of the association.
To do justice to the array of topics selected for the retreat are distinguished Resource persons namely Mr Ezekiel Gomos OFR – Executive Director, Jos Business School; Prof Wole Atoyebi – Past President, NMA; Hon (Dr) Tanko Yusuf Sununu – Chairman,House Committee on Health Care Services and Senator (Dr) Ibrahim Oloriegbe– Chairman, Senate Committee on Health.
The Topics for the 6 (six) lectures lined up include
- NMA and Leadership in the Health Sector.
- Role of State Chapters in Implementing the NMA Strategic Plan.
- Influencing Health Policies ( lobbying & implementation/transmitting relevant research to policy.
- Strategies for Resource mobilization.
- History, Structure and Functionality of NMA.
- Health Agenda: Collaborative arrangements for engaging stakeholders and government agencies.
It is the hope of the NOC that the 1-day retreat is will go a long way in building the leadership capacity of critical stakeholders in the association for an enhanced service delivery.
Dr Aniekeme Uwah JP
National Publicity Secretary