NMA FIRST VICE PRESIDENT LEADS DELEGATION TO THE SENATE, NATIONAL ASSEMBLY, FOR A TWO-DAY PUBLIC HEARING BY COMMITTEE ON HEALTH (SECONDARY AND TERTIARY) ON ONE MOTION AND 10 BILLS
As a continuation of the robust legislative engagements of the National Officers Committee (NOC) under the leadership of Pro(Dr) Innocent A O Ujah FNMA, FNAmed, mni, the First Vice President of the Nigerian Medical Association (NMA), Prof Rasaaq Adebayo today 14th February 2022, led a high powered delegation of NMA to the Senate, Federal Republic of Nigeria, National Assembly Complex, Abuja.
The delegation presented the NMA Submissions to the Senate at the Public Hearing today during Day 1 of the Two-Day Public Hearing by the Senate Committee on Health( Secondary and Tertiary) on the following five bills:
- Federal orthopaedic Hospital, Obokun, Osun State. (Establishment)Bill,2021 ( SB 855).
- Federal Orthopaedic Hospital, Patagi,Kwara State. (Establishment) Bill,2021(SB 843).
- University Teaching Hospital (Establishment and reconstitution of Board. etc) Act No.10 1985 Amendment to Establish the Federal University of Tech. Akure Teaching Hospital Bill 2021 (SB 638).
- Federal University of Medical Science and Biomedical Technology for 6 Geo – Political zones and matters connected therewith Bill 2022 (SB. 678).
- Health Education Practitioners (Establishment) Board for matters connected therewith Bill 2022 (SB 299).
Other members of the NMA delegation were the Deputy Secretary General, Dr Saliu Oseni, Past President ,Dr Omede Idris FNMA and Mr Vincent Uba, NMA Laison Officer National Assembly.
The Public Hearing continues tomorrow Tuesday,15th February 2022.
Dr Aniekeme Uwah JP
National Publicity Secretary
Nigerian Medical Association